Middle School Social Studies
The Semester Exam on December 18 will cover five of the following areas from this past semester including:
- First Quarter Foundations. (Ancient Greece & Rome, John Locke, Montesquieu, Magna Carta, English Bill of Rights, Mayflower Compact, Early Colonial Governments, Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, and State Constitutions)
- The Constitutional Convention. Consult the following website for online access to the packet we have used in class (pages 56-104). https://cms.springbranchisd.com/Portals/241/teachers/vergultm1/BZ-4118_Constitution.pdf?ver=2011-02-28-092221-623
- The U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights (Amendments I-X). The following resources is an online interactive document. http://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution
- The Class Copy of the Chicken Middle Constitution (Business Agreement). Every student should have access to the shared google document created by the class and or a paper copy.
- CNN Student News & Current Events. Only topics discussed in class will be used in the exam.
The Exam will be in four parts:
- Multiple Choice - Recall
- Fill In the Black Definitions - Skills & Concepts
- Short Answer - Analysis and Explanation
- Essay - Evaluation, Design, and or Create