United States History
First Semester Midterm Project: Voices of America – Part 1.
Block B: October 11-12, Block A: October 20-21
Carefully read and complete each aspect of the following portfolio project.
- Select two of the seven guiding themes from our United States History class.
- American Identity
- Work, Exchange, and Technology
- Peopling (Migration and Settlement)
- Politics and Power
- America in the World (Foreign Policy)
- Environment and Geography
- Ideas, Beliefs, and Culture
- Using the Boisterous Sea of Liberty and/or our additional resources from the Course Outlines select an excerpt from a primary source that directly relates to each your selected themes. (2 sources)
- Craft a 3 paragraph explanation of your source that provides the following:
- An analysis and interpretation of the source.
- Provides context and connection to a broader understanding of American history at the time including other sources.
- Evaluates how the source is an example of continuity or change regarding your theme.
- You must write out your response. Additionally, each student will make an audio recording of his or her primary sources and a video oral presentation of his or her explanation.