Thank you for your interest in The Fulton School. We believe in providing an excellent education for children from all social and economic backgrounds.
We use School and Student Services (SSS) to process tuition assistance applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS.) Based on your current financial information, SSS estimates the amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help us make fair and objective tuition assistance decisions.
To apply for tuition assistance, it is expected that both parents, if able, will be employed outside of the home, except in cases where a student or sibling is under the age of 5 years. If one parent chooses to stay home even though all children are school aged, a salary of $15,000 will be added in when SSS calculates the amount of tuition assistance to be awarded by The Fulton School. In cases where parents are separated or divorced, the school prefers that both parents contribute to the cost of their children's education. Both parties must complete an individual tuition assistance application for collective evaluation. When divorced parents are remarried, the stepparent’s financial situation will also be evaluated for contribution toward the children’s education.
To begin your tuition assistance application, please follow the steps below. (You only have to complete one PFS for all your children applying.)
New families must first go through the admissions process (see the Admissions Section of this website) for acceptance. Once accepted, you will need to submit your enrollment agreement along with a $500 deposit, per child. At that time you may apply for assistance by completing the PFS (Parents’ Financial Statement) tuition assistance application online and by submitting the required documents. (The link to the online PFS is here
and the list of required documents is below.) Once reviewed, award letters will be emailed. If you do not accept the award, the $500 deposit will be returned. No PFS application will be reviewed without first being accepted to the school.
Please note that a student’s acceptance to TFS is made independent of tuition assistance considerations.
We require parents to re-apply for tuition assistance each year.
1) Submit your re-enrollment agreement and $500 deposit, per child (no PFS will be reviewed without a re-enrollment form and deposit) and
2) Complete the online tuition assistance PFS, submitting the required documents by mail or online.
Once reviewed, award letters will be mailed. If you do not accept the award, the $500 deposit will be returned. Please note, returning family awards will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Returning families applying for tuition assistance must be up to date on current year account balances before an award will be offered. Please realize that tuition assistance awards may vary from year to year.
Tuition Assistance Applications ONLINE
Please use The Fulton School at St. Albans Code 4575
2. You will set up a PFS Online account using your e-mail address and a password. Returning parents: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your e-mail address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
3. You will be given instructions about submitting required backup documents by mail or online. Your documents will be handled with the utmost level of security. More information about SSS’s document security is provided on their website.
1. 2016 Federal Tax Return, including all applicable schedules
3. 2016 W-2 (for each parent)
· To submit these documents by mail: Send one copy (not the original) of each document with a Required Documents Cover Sheet to: SSS by NAIS, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449 USA. For overnight mail: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 437 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA 02021. Please mail any documents 10 days in advance of our deadline date to allow for mail delivery and for SSS’s processing time.
· To submit documents online: Go to the Manage Documents tab in the PFS Online. There you can upload documents from your computer. Save each document separately in Adobe Acrobat pdf or as a .jpg file. Each document must not exceed a size of 500 kilobytes. On the Manage Documents page, click on “Browse,” locate the document on your computer, then click on “Upload.”
Note: All tuition assistance applications are to be completed online and all documents are to be submitted to SSS, not the School. Using the online application enables us to receive your information more quickly, allowing us to make a faster decision about your assistance eligibility.
With questions, please call SSS at (800) 344-8328 or contact Sarah Doyle, the TFS Business Manager at 636-458-6688.